SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS – #10R Blade with Attached Disposable Handle
Please read carefully to ensure proper removal of the blade.
- Grip the handle of the scalpel
- Pinch the plastic guard at the end and slide it off the scalpel
- Ensure that your hand is not directly over the path of the sharp edge of the blade.
- If the plastic guard is too tight, do not force the cap off. Slowly wiggle the guard side to side to loosen the cap. Once the cap is loose, it can be slowly removed.
- Once the sheath is removed, do not attempt to re-sheath the scalpel.
- Once finished with the scalpel, dispose of it in a puncture resistant container, according to hospital protocol and/or the applicable local standard setting organization guidelines.