- How long is it taking you to dermaplane your client?
- How often are you nicking clients?
- What percentage of clients are not rebooking for dermaplaning or other facial services?
- Have your clients started ‘shaving’ their faces at home?
- Do you have clients breaking out after dermaplaning?
- Do you have clients experiencing PIH after dermaplaning?
- Do you groan a little when you see someone is on your schedule for dermaplaning?
- Do you feel like something is missing in your dermaplaning service?
- Peel prep dermaplaning is quick. Dermaplaning as exfoliation should take between 15-18 minutes. More than 20 (on average) is too long.
- The answer should be never. A nick is a line on the skin – this is a lateral movement of the blade. A skip is round, this is where the blade lifted a slightly raised area on the skin, often from a healing acne lesion.
- Life and finances happen. Did you know that during the 2008 recession estheticians retained their hair removal clients while facial clients came less frequently? Dermaplaning offers both. Excellent dermaplaners enjoy a 75-80% rebooking rate.
- Dermaplaning as a peel prep is essentially a shave. That’s 2-3 passes on each area which removes vellus hair and a layer of surface skin cells. This allows the peel solution to penetrate more evenly and deeper. If you’re dermaplaning using this method, your client doesn’t see or feel it as anything different than what she can do at home. As an exfoliation that compares to microdermabrasion dermaplaning never feels like a shave.
- Breakouts are caused by an excess of inflammation during the service and can also be linked to client habits at home.
- PIH is from inflammation during the service and again, client habits at home. Learning to prep skin prior to a post-service is key to prevention and treating existing PIH.
- When I was in the treatment room, I groaned when I saw any waxing service below the upper lip and brows on my schedule. This happens when 1. we need more training or 2. it’s just not our thing. You’re here, so if dermaplaning is your thing more training is the solution.
- You know you can do more with dermaplaning but are just not sure what is best for you and your clients. Mixing modalities, setting yourself apart from others in your area, increasing your rebooking, and reducing no-shows. We can help you with this.
Founder & CEO
We don’t like to have to remind you but our lawyers insist. Everything on our website, videos, social posts, DVD’s, manuals, blogs, marketing materials, company name, logo, etc. is copyright and trademark protected. Please respect our intellectual property. If you have questions, please call. If you want to train for us and be part of the team – let us know. We’d be happy to discuss it with you. If you’re looking to steal, please think twice. Karma is real and so is our legal team.