Certification Courses are only available to professionals with one or more of the following licenses:
Esthetics, Nursing, Cosmetology, Barbering.
Esthetics students must have completed all hours prior to taking this course.
We suggest you check with your insurance liability carrier to make sure dermaplaning is covered by your insurance company before registering for a training class.
Class: 10:00am. – 4:00pm.
Training Location Address:
Vibe Salon & Spa
DermaplanePro University Online Course
- Training Manual (PDF)
- Face Diagram (PDF)
- Dermaplaning Demonstration Videos: Left-Handed and Right-Handed.
- Certificate of Completion
Part 2:Classroom experience
- Hands-On Dermaplaning with instructor and up to 5 other students
- Deluxe ProStart Kit
- Experience working with tools and supplies in the Deluxe ProStart Kit
- Give and receive a complete dermaplaning facial
- Certification upon successful completion of the course
E-Mail, phone, and live video support at no charge (as needed)
Deluxe ProStart Kit Includes:
1 – Stainless Steel Blade Handle
1 – AHA/BHA Skin Prep Solution 4 oz.
1 – Nourish Dermaplaning Oil. 0.5 oz.
1 – 22/pk. #10R Butter Blades
3 – #10R Butter Blades with Attached Handle
1 – NuPeel Natural Enzyme 2 oz.
1 – Blade Remover Box
Following training the aesthetician will understand:
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Differences among surgical and dermaplaning blades
- The necessary client forms that must be completed prior to client receiving treatment
- Record keeping requirements and why
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Instrument selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Blood spill procedure as it pertains to dermaplaning
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options
Aesthetician will be able to demonstrate:
- Safe handling of blades before, during and after treatment
- Safe disposal of used blades
- Proper sanitization of instruments used in dermaplaning
- Proper draping, client safety & comfort during the procedure
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
- The ability to follow the protocol for preparing the client’s skin prior to treatment
- Competency in performing the dermaplaning procedure on the full-face of a live model
- One of the 5 treatment protocols
CERTIFICATION CLASSES ARE NONREFUNDABLE
For more information, please call 775-507-4466.