Class: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Training Location Address:
The Institute of Epidermal Sciences LLC
312 Marshall Avenue, Suite 102
Laurel, MD 20707
DermaplanePro University Online Course, Includes:
- Video Training
- Dermaplaning Exfoliation Video and Quiz
- Skin Biology Video and Quiz
- Hair Biology Video and Quiz
- Client Consulation Video and Quiz
- Manual (PDF)
- Face Diagram (PDF)
- Dermaplaning Demonstration Videos: Left-Handed and Right-Handed
- Part-One Final Quiz
- Certificate of Completion
Classroom Experience, Includes:
- Hands-On Dermaplaning with Instructor and up to 5 other students
- Deluxe ProStart Kit
- Experience working with tools and supplies in the Deluxe ProStart Kit
- Give and receive a complete dermaplaning facial
- Certification upon successful completion of the course
E-Mail, phone and live video support at no charge (as needed)
Membership in DermaplanePro Certified Private Group on FB once you complete your certification. This is where you will receive post-certification support and guidance from our team of trainers, distributors and industry experts daily on the page and during our weekly live Q&A Demo Sessions.
Deluxe ProStart Kit Includes:
1 – Stainless Steel Blade Handle
1 – AHA/BHA Skin Prep Solution 4 oz.
1 – Nourish Dermaplaning Oil. 0.5 oz.
1 – 28/pk. #10R (14) & #10D (14) Butter Blades
1 – NuPeel Natural Enzyme 2 oz.
1 – Blade Remover Box
Following training the aesthetician will understand:
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning test
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Differences among surgical and dermaplaning blades
- The necessary client forms that must be completed prior to client receiving treatment
- Record keeping requirements and why
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Instrument selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Blood spill procedure as it pertains to dermaplaning
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options
Aesthetician will be able to demonstrate:
- Safe handling of blades before, during and after treatment
- Safe disposal of used blades
- Proper sanitization of instruments used in dermaplaning
- Proper draping, client safety & comfort during the procedure
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
- The ability to follow the protocol for preparing the client’s skin prior to treatment
- Competency in performing the dermaplaning procedure on the full-face of a live model
- One of the 5 treatment protocols
CERTIFICATION CLASSES ARE NONREFUNDABLE
Access to the online university is limited to one year after initial sign in.
Certification Courses are only available to professionals with one or more of the following licenses: Esthetics, Nursing, Cosmetology, Barbers.
Esthetics students can take our course, please call our office for more information.
We suggest you check with your state board, and insurance liability carrier to make sure dermaplaning is within your scope of practice, and that you are allowed to provide the service within your business or place of employment.