At DermaplanePro our Certification Classes provide the Hands-On Training necessary for students to become proficient in dermaplaning within a short time. Training is comprehensive and designed to appeal to all learning styles. Includes Manual, Demonstration DVD, ProStart Kit (containing all tools and supplies), Hands-On Coaching (each participant will give and receive a treatment), Certificate (required by most Professional Liability Insurance Companies), Post-Training Support & Listing on the ‘Find A Provider’ page of our website.
Learning begins at home as students receive their Training Manual and Demonstration DVD to review prior to attending the Certification Class. This enables our instructors to spend more time with students working hands-on.
Our trainers are all credentialed professionals with experience in education, aesthetics and dermaplaning to assure students receive the finest education.
Join us at a location near you or through our Premier Online Certification Class and start offering a new service to your clients right away.
Why Take This One Day Workshop?
Following training the aesthetician will understand:
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Differences among surgical blades used for dermaplaning
- The necessary client forms that must be completed prior to client receiving treatment
- Record keeping requirements and why
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Instrument selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Blood spill procedure as it pertains to dermaplaning, and
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, ergonomics, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
Aesthetician will be able to demonstrate:
- Safe handling of blades before, during and after treatment
- Safe disposal of used blades
- Proper sanitization of instruments used in dermaplaning
- Proper draping, client safety & comfort during the procedure
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
- The ability to follow the protocol for preparing the client’s skin prior to treatment
- Competency in performing the dermaplaning procedure on the full-face of a live model, and
- One of the 5 treatment protocols.
- Manual (includes intake and consent forms, protocols, contraindications, marketing & pricing information, etc.),
- Demonstration DVD
- ProStart Kit (contains tools & supplies for 1 treatment room & disposables for 15 treatments)
- Hands-On Training Class
- Listing on DermaplanePro.com "Find a Provider" page
- Followup Support
Arrival Time 9:30 am. Class 10:00 am - 4:00pm.
*Please read the Training Manual and watch the Demonstration DVD prior to attending the Certification Class. This provides a basic knowledge that we’ll build on during the class. It also keeps you from getting information overload. DO NOT watch YouTube Videos - learn it the right way the first time. You will be giving and receiving a a treatment during the class, so please no chemical peels, sunburns, or laser treatments 2 weeks prior to training. Botox, filler or Retin-A no less than 1 week prior.
If you have questions or would like to register by phone, please call us at 775-507-4466.